I've been out of town for the last couple of weeks, and didn't make any progress while away. But I'm back, and things are happening.
First up, I did a test the other day of the cape mold. Brushed in some urethene, and then placed some fabric on the back of it as it dried. Results were not so good. The urethene is not opaque enough, and you could see the fabric through it. That was a bummer. Also, it's too rigid. I can always use a lower shore urethene, so that's not a problem, but the opacity is going to bug me.
So I'm switching gears. I'm moving to latex. In fact, I just ordered a couple of quarts of latex rubber from www.burmanfoam.com. It should be here in a couple of days, so I expect to do another test once it arrives.
In slightly sadder news, the folks who are making my boots have dropped the project. They had a story about how it costs too much, and the economy downturning and all. All valid excuses, but it still sucks. Not sure where that leaves me as far as boots go. I might try to do it on my own. We shall see. Not sure.