Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bat Heater

In completely unrelated news, I received a really cool new piece in the mail today. It's the "Bat Heater" from the very craptacular movie "Batman & Robin".



Don't get me wrong, I too thought that the movie totally stunk. The prop isn't even that central to the plot, or of interest. What IS really cool about it is the craftsmanship. This piece was made by a collector named "Henry Wayne" who produces some of the best fan-built prop replicas ever. In fact, I do believe he produces THE best stuff ever. I am a huge fan of his work, and make it a policy to pick up one of everything he does.

This piece is no exception to his rule of quality craftsmanship. The metalized parts are cold to the touch, and it just looks fantastic. The electronics really put it over the top too.

Here's a little movie of the piece in action:



Thanks Henry! Another great piece well done.

No comments: