Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Green Lantern Ring From Toys R Us

I don't really have a lot to say about this other than what is said in the title of this post. It's the seven dollar ring from TRU.

For seven bucks, it's not that bad. And believe me, I am NOT a fan of "close enough but really cheap" props. I think that's a waste of time. Seeing as how I have not yet seen the movie, and it could turn out to be a total disaster, I'm not yet interested in spending a bunch of time or effort in finding a screen accurate ring. I heard that TRU was offering this as a keychain. I made one trip down to my local store, and didn't find one. I pretty much forgot about it after that. BUT, the other day I was at Best Buy, and figured since I'm in the neighborhood I would drop by TRU to see if they had the rings in stock. They did, and I got one.



It looks pretty cool, and it ALMOST fits. It's just slightly too big. But this would really just be a display piece anyway. I've always been a fan of Green Lantern, especially the Hal Jordan costume. It's something I've wanted to make for years, but just never got around to. And I probably never will. Still, it's a neat piece.

No comments: