This post is not really prop related, but it will explain why I've been slacking lately on prop and other project progress. I've been busy scanning photos! About three or four years ago, I decided that I wanted digital copies of EVERY Munson family photo I could get my hands on. I gathered everything together, organized both prints and negatives, purchased a really nice high end scanner, and got to work.
Like many other projects, this one saw its ups and downs. It's very tedious work, that is highly repetitive. This is the type of work I loath, and as a result, the project often languished.
However, I got a bug up inside me recently to get it done again, probably due to the fact that my house is now all set up and everything is out of storage. It took a few weeks of pretty intense work, usually anywhere from three to six hours a day.
But as of right now, it's all done!!! yay! Now all I need to do is duplicate the archive to a few different external hard drives or optical media, then distribute them across the globe. That way, all my photos are protected forever! whoohoo!