Today I made a significant decision about progress. I'm going to pull a lot of parts off my existing R2. I'm going to take the drive system out, and the dome motor. I have also decided, for the sake of speed to completion, to use the entire dome from my first R2 for the second. This will allow me to finish the "walking" droid much faster. I can then go back and do the dome at a more leisurely pace.
Here's version 1.0, with all of his guts pulled out.
Here's the guts!
I got a lot of work done today on the new guy. I assembled and glued together the body frame, and also attached the inner front and back skins.