I managed to break a few bones in my right foot yesterday, which means work on R2 may slow down. Kind of a super bummer, as I was planning on using this non-mattmobile time to plow forward on R2. Oh well. Still, I'm doing what I can.
For the most part, this means gluing in the little rectangle shapes on the body. As you can see, I've finished attaching the inner and outer skins to the wooden body. Now it's just a matter of gluing in all the little inserts. The glue takes about six hours to fully cure, which means I can do a couple sets per day. I use rare earth magnets to hold the inserts in place while the glue cures.
I also flattened out the radius on the ankles.