Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cape Has Arrived

Happy day!

Not only did my ninja wheel show up when I got back, but also waiting was the Superman Returns cape.

Long story short, the thing is a thing of beauty. Here's a shot of the full cape:



And here's a close up of the texture:



Many of the details of the capes construction were very surprising. Just little things that you would never see on screen. Also, it's very well engineered. A lot of care and trouble went into making this thing work. I spent today documenting the heck out of it. Took photos of every little detail, and measured everything. Next thing I need to do is prep it for molding.

The good news is that it's not AS big as I had expected. I was expecting it to be a full circle of material, but it is not. So I won't need to build a wildly huge table to accommodate it. That's cool.

No comments: