Thursday, March 15, 2012

Star Trek Tri-Viewer Progress, and Booze.

Not really much of an update, but regular readers will know I enjoy being thorough. This morning I laid in a coat of fiberglass on the pyramid for the tri-viewer. I want to add some structural strength to it, and also some more material under the seams, as I will in the future be sanding them down to match the softer contours seen on screen.



I have also pretty much settled on my design for the base. It will mimic the second prototype I drew up yesterday. If new information comes to light, I can always build another one. I find that I do a lot of things twice, as I learn a lot on the first go-through. It seems that no matter how long you do this stuff, there's always new things to learn. Which is probably one of the main reasons I like the hobby. It's never the same project twice.

In other news, WonderCon approaches! Many people put together photoshop mashups showing which characters they will be costuming as (or cosplaying, depending on who you ask), but I thought I would put a different spin on it and show you what MY plans are for WonderCon...


No comments: