Thursday, January 23, 2014

TARDIS Painting Booth & MattMobile Fenders

When I painted my TARDIS, I did it in my garage. It was a big mess, smelled really bad, and I got blue overspray everywhere. This time around, with the work shop in full swing, we decided to do something different. FULL credit goes to Ewan for coming up with this idea.

My workshop has a big door that opens upward. Ewans idea was basically to attach plastic sheets to the door. That way, when the door opens, a "room" is automatically formed that happens to have one wall open to the outside. You know, fresh air. When we are done for the day, we simply close the door and the room collapses.

Here's how it looks collapsed:

And here's what it looks like with the door open. Pure genius.

Here are some of the results from the painting room.

In unrelated news, work continues on the MattMobile. Here I am working on making the sub-fender uniform.

1 comment:

zanderwitaz said...

Glad to see you're still at it man! Hope you're doing well.