Friday, June 14, 2013

Studio Scale Fifth Element Taxi Cab Kit

As the title says, this kit is for sale. Notice that the front end IS different than the filming miniature. I've spoken to a friend who worked on the production, and I'm convinced that THIS is the model that was delivered to the shop, which then had the front end modded. Not knowing much about what happend in the shop during production, I cannot say for sure why. If I had to guess, I would say it was because someone changed their mind about how the taxi was supposed to look at the last minute, and by that time they had already created the master pattern. This piece has been sold, but I'm keeping this page here as reference.

Kit measures about 22" long. Comes in two parts. A piece on the bottom has cracked off, and will need to be re-attached.

For reference and comparison, I'm dropping in a few screen grabs from the movie.

And while I've got your attention, here's a part of my interview with Ted Smith, my friend who worked on the movie. In this clip we speak specifically about the Taxi miniature for the show.

No comments: