My progress tonight puts me back into one of those rare "light at the end of the tunnel" kind of moods.
With the copper assembly on top all back in place, well dried, primered, and looking quite snazzy, it's time to go in for a final coat of black paint on all the copper parts.
Here's where we stand as of right now.
Of course, this is only one side of the rifle. I still need to nail the copper tubes on the other side, and do any touch up painting that may be necessary after man-handling this piece for so long. Still, it's coming together nicely.
All that really remains is painting the other side, stripping off the masking tape, attaching the side detail piece, scratch building a nozzle, and casting up a replacement greeblie for the top. Not exactly a short list, but I'm getting there. I think if I put my mind to it, I might be able to finish by the end of the weekend.
And then I've got to weather it!!!