As always, I'm a big fan of juggling many projects at once. I don't know why, but maybe it's my lack of focus.
Sorry, I lost track of what I was saying there for a second. Where was I? Oh yes, lack of focus. Sorry.
(see how clever one can be on one's blog? Who knew??)
Anyhow, I did some more work on that alien Padd today. I had to do some scraping around on the back side, to make sure the plex sheet would lay flat into the viewing area. There were a bunch of knobs and bumps and things that i missed last time that caused the plex to sit at an odd angle. And we can't have that now, can we??
You can't really see too much in the first picture, but this shows the ring all cleared out. I did scrape some paint off some vital surfaces by accident. Rather than trying to spray paint the whole thing again, I just used a q-tip dipped in paint to touch it up. I suppose I should have used a paint brush, but I couldn't find one.
And here's the padd with the plex installed. Held in place by my favorite five minute epoxy. Very versatile stuff, you know. I suppose it's kind of hard to see the screen, as it's clear and all.
The next challenge that really awaits with this one is building out the back panel. With any luck, I'll have some styrene stock on hand that is the precise thickness that I need to fill in the gap. I doubt that will be the case, so It'll be time to get creative. Just need to make that back panel, paint it, install the graphics, then seal it all up. Then it's done. So not a ton of work left, but knowing me, this will wrap up sometime in December.