Thursday, September 1, 2011

The MattMobile Build: 45 Days In.

My first actual act of destruction was on July 19, 2011. Today is September 1, 2011. I ran the numbers, and this means that I began tear down 45 days ago. I am essentially finished with tear down, save for the disconnecting of a couple fuel and brake lines, but I'm saving that for the stretch.

Overall, I'm pleased with the progress, and consider myself on schedule. The shell seems to be about half way done, which is a bit slower than I had hoped, but it's really not a pipeline problem at this point. There's still plenty of purchasing I need to do before the shell arrives, which is a good thing.

As for mechanical work, stretch aside, there's nothing I can really do until the shell shows up, so it looks like the MattMobile project may go a little bit dormant for a while, as far as building is concerned. I'll still be posting about things I learn and parts I acquire, but there's not much else to do for now.

This is why my focus has drifted to building up little hand props, which is always fun. They only take a couple of shop sessions to complete, so I get some good bang for my buck.

No comments: