Friday, September 16, 2011

Voyager Compression Rifle Build Begins

I'm going to try an experiment. I was very impressed by my friend John Palmeri's VERY quick build up of two phaser rifles for DragonCon, and it has inspired me to see if I can do something similar. To that end, I dug out one of my Star Trek: Voyager compression rifle kits and got started on it.

For reference, here's a picture of a screen used rifle that was auctioned off a while back.



Here's the kit I will be building up. This kit was sold by a company named "Masterpiece Models," which is no longer in business. They made some really nice kits, which were cast off legit masters. Their prices were fair, but I don't think they did as well as they had hoped.



So far, I've done a little sanding, and primered a few pieces. I also picked up a bunch of paint for it yesterday. Ideally, I'd like to get this rifle done by next Friday. (today is Friday, by the way)

6 comments:

Andres Au said...

Did you ever finish the rifle?

MattMunson said...

yup.

http://mattmunson.blogspot.com/2011/09/star-trek-voyager-compression-rifle-is.html

Vince Phelps said...

where di you get your kit and where can I get it/make one for myself...?

MattMunson said...

Vince, the answer to your question is in the post you commented on.

nanny said...

yea where can you get this phaser??? I am a star trek fan and I am collecting phasers and I have them all but three and this is one of the three and i really need it to finish my collection do you have any info on it that would be nice

MattMunson said...

I do not know of anyone selling compression rifles. Sorry! You may want to try poking around ebay. or roddenberry.com

Good luck!