Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Almost There: Stay On Target

It's really hard to stay motivated to finish up that Mangalore Rifle. As much as I love the prop, and want a finished one in my collection, it's just SUCH a pain in the butt doing all that masking! The good news is that I've only got one tiny little piece remaining to be masked off, and then I'll be ready to blast away with the Krylon Semi-Gloss black. Nice!

Here's where the rifle stands as of tonight.



I did some clean up work on the TNG PADD, and also started in on a new one. This new one is one of those oddball padds. Not a super "primary" padd, but one that was featured in a number of episodes. Tonight I cleaned up the flash from the casting process, and blasted it with its first coat of primer.



Big-up to a fellow trek-head and prop collector named SurferGeek who provided me with some excellent screen captures of the first TNG era padd I'm working on.





Magic!

Tonight I also dumped rubber on a couple of pieces. One is the Zorg remote that will go with the ZF-1. The other is another oddball TNG era Padd. What can I say? I'm on a roll.



And just to make sure my apartment is still a big draw for the ladies, I hung up my recently framed Time Bandits map the other day. Looks pretty stellar over my couch, n'est ce pas??



I managed to do a bunch of online shopping tonight, to round up some supplies. I got my 1" yellow reflective tape for the Zorg remotes, some mold separator for the Zorg remote mold, and I also ordered an Estes Phoenix rocket kit, which happens to have a set of decals I need for another tiny Fifth Element project that is still far on the back burner.

Oh, and to my absolute shock and horror, I actually had a successful trip to Michaels today. This is a store I absolutely hate. 10 times out of 10, they do not have what I am looking for. WITHOUT FAIL, EVERY time I got there, I leave empty handed and upset. Upset because I just wasted my time. But today was different. But only because I knew as a fact they would have what I was looking for. Then again, knowing them, it's a surprise they were not out of stock of the items I was seeking. I needed some glue for my hot glue gun, and some popsicle sticks. They had both! The glue I use when making boxes for my molds. The sticks come in handy for all kinds of stuff, though I mostly use them to mix up putty.

Anyhow, that's all she wrote for today. Well, that's all *I* wrote for today.

No comments: