Early this morning, I finished up the final little piece of masking work on the Mangalore Rifle. Yahoo! It's now ready for painting.
So this evening, I blasted down the first couple coats of krylon semi-gloss black. Lookin' good so far. I'm still on the fence about how I'm going to attack the attaching the brass detail bits, but I'll worry about that later.
I also did some minor putty work on the two TNG PADDs that I've got cooking. Nothing spectacular to report really. I'm just cleaning up little pock marks and dents and stuff. I'm not trying to get them perfect, just taking out the major imperfections.
And lastly, here's the next padd I'll be working on. This one was featured heavily in the fourth season episode "The Drumhead". It's painted red with white buttons. This is a very oddball little padd that didn't see much screen time. But I still think it's pretty nifty.
Overall, a pretty productive day. I only put in a little over an hour of work tonight, but seeing that rifle getting painted is a big step. A big psychological "win" for me too, as that's been idle for a long time now.