I've been on a real PADD bender lately. Good stuff.
The other day, I laid down the first coat of the green highlights for this weird alien padd. These will need to be masked off, and then the silver will be painted. If you flip back a few blog entries, you can see where I cleaned this up and primered it. It's looking quite good right now.
I also pulled out an old TNG era padd. I recently watched season 4 of TNG from my DVD library, and this padd shows up all over the place. So I thought I would give it a try. The padd is a little wonky. I think that's partially due to wonkiness in the master, and partially due to some wonkiness in the pull. Not a big deal, as it still looks quite nice.
I spent about an hour cleaning it up and doing some minor puttying. Nothing serious, just filling in some bubble and straightening out some lines.
And then it was on to the primer. I'll need to round up some of the proper Krylon paint to finish this up, but so far so good.
The PADD has remnants of the original graphics on it, so I'll be able to precisely recreate that brown LCARS "T" shape that was on this style of padd. I'll need to get those plotter cut in vinyl, but that's a no brainer.