Sunday, November 15, 2009

Second Pull Out Of The Mold

After I learned a few lessons from my first pull from the mold, I made a few changes. First, I popped another vent into the mold, way up high in one of the corners. The idea is that for the next pour, I will actually have the mold sitting on an incline, so any air bubbles will (theoretically) escape through that new vent.

Sadly, it didn't quite turn out that way.

The color on this one is also a bit wrong, but it's an interesting learning experience nonetheless.

Over on the left hand side, you can see the pour sprue that resulted from the new vent. Down at the bottom, you can find two huge air bubbles.

I'm going to switch gears again for the next pour. The idea here is that with each pour, I'm getting closer to getting it right. That way, I don't have to think of each one as a failure, but more a learning experience.

No comments: