For reference, I already have a couple of blog posts about this topic.
I started out by drilling out the rivets that were already on the belt.
Here's the first strap with the rivets removed. I used needle nosed pliers to crimp the rivet stem smaller so that it would slip through the hole easier.
I'm using this rivet kit from Tandy. Honestly, I'm not a fan of Tandy products. I feel that they are really geared towards the hobbyist, or home "crafter" type person. Kind of on the same level as Michael's. But hey, that's just like, my opinion, man. As the Dude would say.
And here's a little shot of what comes in the kit.
And here's what it looks like all done. Of course, I still need to paint the rivets, but that's the least of my worries.
That's pretty much it!