Though the picture doesn't really show it, I essentially have the pattern working as I would like it to at this point.
There's still a TINY bit of gathering happening in the arm pits that I would prefer not to be there, but it's very minimal. The shirt fits very well, the collar is at the right height, and the seams are in the right places. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how this has come along. Sad that it took about 10 yards of rather expensive fabric and six iterations, but it was a great learning experience.
And now, I find myself on the fence. JUST as I started to get this pattern working for me, I have found a new one from Kwik-Sew that I mentioned in my previous post. I think the plan will be to take a run at the Kwik-Sew pattern once, just to see how it goes together. if it's a better pattern, and works nicely, I'll stick with that.