Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cape Process Refined

I had a couple brain storms the other day about doing the cape layup. Now that I am getting closer and closer to perfecting my technique (both in terms of materials used and actual/physical mechinations) I figured it was time to take another run at making one.

The real secret to success here is equipment. I went to Lowe's the other day and picked up an extension pole for my paint roller. That one tiny piece of technology has turned cape layup from a pain in the rear to a quick little bit of fun.

In ONE evening and about 20 minutes of work, I laid down four coats of latex rubber into the cape mold.

I am documenting my process in my new notebook, but will probably repeat it here eventually just for archival purposes. Bottom line is that this new process saves me LOADS of time, gets better results, and is actually kind of fun to do.

What I really need to do now is perfect the cloth attachment process. Which is next, by the way.

No comments: