I have been working on my pattern for the briefs for the Superman Returns costume. I finished my first draft of the pattern just the other day, and today decided to sew up a test pair. Here is the fabric after it was cut from my pattern. I decided to use black simply because I had a ton of it sitting around.
And here they are with the main seams sewn up.
So far, NOT looking very stylish. There's a ton of extra fabric around the waist, because by design, this gets folded over a few times to house the elastic. I'll need to sew up the leg openings too. Overall, aside from being WAY too big, the shape is decent. I'll definitely need to do some modification of the pattern, but I'm definitely on the right track. As you can tell, I've been able to replicate the locations of the seams perfectly, so as far as the overall design asthetic goes, I'm on the right track. The seam that comes up the front of the crotch is a little too high, but that's easily corrected.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with the progress, despite the fact that they look REALLY creepy.