A long time ago, I ordered the twill I wanted from some online store, but it's been sitting in my closet ever since. I guess I got distracted by Halloween and Batman. Go figure.
But this past week, I took another run at the fabric. The first step is dying it. The stuff I ordered, while the right width and feel, is the wrong color. I decided to give the old "washing machine method" a try with this stuff, since I don't really want to spend an hour agitating a trash can filled with hot, red water.
After three or four dunks in the wash, with a bunch of bottles of Scarlet Rit, I'm getting very close to the color I want. It's not perfect, but it's really darn close. I need it to be a little deeper, and a little richer. But I think I'm just going to go with it as is, as it's pretty darn nice.
Hard to tell the color from this photo, but you can see the difference between the post-dye fabric and the untreated stuff.