Thursday, December 30, 2010

Leg Pattern

An online pal of mine named Nick Fox recently completed work on a pattern for a Spider-man suit that is just stunning. I got to thinking about the seam lines for the Superman suit, and decided that I wanted to see if I could copy the pattern that was used for the bottom half of the Spidey suit.

I emailed Nick and asked him if I could use his graphics for reference. Here's what his look like:



Of course, Nick's is in color, doesn't have a water mark on it, and is way bigger. This pic is really just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

I imported that picture into adobe illustrator and traced around the lines I am interested in. Here are the final results:



Next step is to take this down to Kinko's and get it printed on one of their large scale printers. I will then use that as a pattern to build a pair of pants.

No comments: