Not a terribly exciting Blog post here, but I'm doing this for consistency.
My swatch of gabardine arrived that I ordered the other day. It's nice, and might even make for a good fit, BUT it takes dye REALLY poorly. Not sure why. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's the RIT. But after two soakings, it only took on a SLIGHTLY pink tint. I will do a little bit of investigating to see if there is a dye better suited for this type of fabric.
My order of wide velcro also showed up today:
Sadly, the SECOND after I clicked "purchase" on this stuff, I found a place that had SIX inch wide strips of the stuff, which would be perfect. I will find a use for this, but next time I will be getting the six inch stuff for any future cape work.