As far as I can tell for right now, the mesh body suit and armor is complete. It's a little messy in some places, and there are a few TINY things that I might go back and fix, but as of right now, I think it is done.
Here's the last few little clean up chores I did tonight to get it to this point.
I put a length of shoe lace on the zipper pull going up the spine. This will allow me to get in and out of the suit more easily. The bulk of the pull is easy, but the last foot is a real pain in the back. This isn't really a big spectacular piece of work, but is really just a little enhancement to make life easier.
I also added a zipper onto one of the wrists. The right arm fit a little more snug than the left, and it was a bit more difficult to get in and out of. This will just make the suit-up process that much easier.
Lastly, I built a little velcro attachment for the cod string. AND I just realized I made a mistake. I used the burr part of the velcro on the string. This is bad, as this will be touching the cape, and could do some damage to it. Maybe. Or it could cling to it. I might have to put some cloth on one side of it. I originally wanted to have burr on both sides of the tab, with the thought being that this would mean less fiddling around if I had to undo or attach the thing mid-bathroom break. But now that I think about how it could brush up against the cape, its not worth it. I will need to revisit this.
I wrote a to-do list tonight of the remaining tasks, and it is really not that long. I think if I put my mind to it, I could finish it all up in one evening. In fact, THAT shall be my plan. I will try to get the entire costume finished by tomorrow night. That could be a little agressive, but I'd rather get it done two days early and have to stay up a bit late, than to have to work up until the last minute. This will also give me two days to ponder anything I may have missed, or think of any enhancements I might want to make in order to improve comfort. Or something else.
As of this writing, I am REALLY pleased with the overall results. I did a partial suit-up tonight, and it looks really good. The armor makes my torso look VERY boxy, kind of like a Mike Mignola drawing, but the exaggerated shoulder bells throw off the proportions. I think at the end of the day, it will look pretty great. There are certainly some shortcomings, and things I am not 100% happy with. But I still think this will be an absolute show stopper of a Halloween costume. And that's all that counts.