Sunday, October 10, 2010

TDK Belt, Purchased

I am a huge fan of taking the easy way out. Once I mentally committed to being The Dark Knight for Halloween, I did a mental checklist of all the things I needed to take care of. One of them was the utility belt. A while back, I purchased a REALLY FANTASTIC kit for a utility belt. I spent a couple of days working on it, and then put it into storage so that I could work on other projects. (Sound familiar???)

My first thought was to pull that out, build it up, and use that. But then it occurred to me that I'm going to be VERY busy putting the armor together, and what if the belt ends up being the long pole in the tent? So I threw out a wide net, looking for belts that people were interested in selling. I originally was looking for a urethane belt, as I figured that would wear better. You know, if I dinged it, it wasn't likely to fall apart.

Then a guy sent me some great intel on a build up he did of the SAME KIT that I already own. This belt was just about finished, and had been built with all the love and care that I could possibly hope for. It looked pretty awesome, so I jumped on it. Hopefully it will ship on Tuesday, but here are some advance pics of the finished product. From the pics, it looks really quite amazing, and I'm really looking forward to getting it.











I must confess, this belt is SO beautiful that I'm very tempted to ALSO get a urethane belt to kick around. That way I could keep this one pristine. I will need to think it through.

No comments: