Even though I already have a nice body suit from The Bronze Armory, I am working on a better one. The one Bronze Armory produces is dye sub printed, or so I believe. And while it looks very nice, it is not quite accurate to the techniques used on the screen used suits.
Take a look at this picture:
You can see that the diamonds on the blue part of the suit are printed with some kind of raised ink. There's a texture to it. It's not just matte, sitting flush with the fabric. That's what I'm going for.
This picture also gives a good look at the different patterns that are on the suit. The trunks are clearly different than the body suit.
I have a tiny swatch of the blue suit fabric, which I have used to do my drawing of the diamonds in illustrator. I've got the basic diamond shape down, and have a section of the pattern. Now I just need to replicate it out as big as I need it.
In my mind, the work on that part is done. The quest for the fabric continues.