Saturday, March 13, 2010

Final MultiPass Drawings Sent To Cutter

Today was a fun day, as I had to brush off the old math skills to make my drawings work. There are a few pieces of the laser cut parts that need to have other parts fit into them. Like the LED and the clear plastic dome.

In the first sample kit that RMS laser sent over, the openings for those two things were not quite the right size. So I had to figure out how to adjust the drawings to make them fit. Turned out to be a lot more complicated than I thought it would be, but I got it done.

Just moments ago, I emailed the final drawings over to RMS laser, with a note to please proceed.

Their turnaround time is usually pretty quick, so I suppose it's time for me to scrounge up the rest of the parts that make up a kit, and also to start printing up some graphics.

No comments: