Last night I spent about an hour working on some other panels for the test body suit. It's sort of a quilt work looking thing, as I'm using small amounts of fabric that I ordered as samples. Still, it is coming together really nicely.
My main problem right now is that the thread on my sewing machine keeps snapping. I don't think I've sewn more than six inches before it breaks. Not a huge deal, as it's giving me experience threading the machine, and also picking up stitches where I left off, so it's not wasted effort.
But overall, the machine is great, and I am moving forward. I want to finish up this test quickly, write down some notes, and move back to the cape. I want to have my test cape finished by the end of the month.