Today was a really fun day of tear down, and was kind of the perfect evening of building. My initial intention was only to spend about 15 minutes working on the car, as I was EXTREMELY tired, but I ended up really building momentum, and spent about two and a half hours working on the beast. I like it when that stuff happens.
When I came out into the garage, my only goal was to remove these to guys from the rear end. Granted, in this picture, they are already removed, but you get the idea.
Here's what the rear end looks like when them removed.
Once I removed those posts, I started looking around under the car to find out where the mounting posts were for the body to the chassis. I found four of them, and unscrewed them. Then I realize that I don't want to do any more saw work on the rear end until I've removed the gas tank. You know, cuz it's in the way. I started poking around, trying to figure out what would be involved in removing it. After a few minutes, I figured I would go ahead and give it a shot.
Here's the chasm:
Here is the gas tank, sitting on my garage floor.
With that removed, and a few other things taken out underneath, the path is clear for me to saw off the back half off the body. Which will be totally cool!!!!