Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday Progress Report: Radiator Removed!

I learned my lesson the last time I messed around with my radiator, and made draining it the first order of business tonight.

After messing around with removing a few more tie-downs in the front engine compartment, I decided the goal for tonight was to remove the radiator from the front of the car, along with the support system that holds it up. It took about an hour, and it was very messy.

Here's a picture of the front of the car, that shows the big gap where the radiator used to be.

And here's all the junk I removed.

I'm also starting the process of hauling off the pieces I don't need. I sawed up the plastic back seat, and threw it in the trunk of my car. I'm going to get rid of everything that will fit in my car. After that, I'll probably just rent a cargo van or something, and haul the rest of it to the dump.

No comments: